Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Mornings

Ever since I came back from maternity leave in October I've been on weekend shift. I work Saturday, Sunday Monday and every 3rd Thursday is a 12 hour makeup day. I am almost sure I will be able to hold the line I want on 2nd shift. Last week there was a scare that a girl who has a LOT of time was going to take the spot I needed to be able to get on 2nd shift, but I think I changed her mind, so hopefully I am good, although I'm still a little stressed about it, but I'm going to leave it to God, I know he will supply all my needs. It says so in the bible.

I got my new ipad last week, and have been learning how to use it (thanks to NUMEROUS phone calls to my sister to figure out how to use it.
I downloaded an app called iBooks, it's so great! You can get a few free books, and can also buy them. The greatest part is you can "sample" every book, so you can start reading it and if it seems interesting enough you can then buy it.
I got a sample of a book called "little earthquakes" started reading it, and I had a gift card Mom gave me to books a million and used it to buy the "real" book, and another book. After these, I think I will buy a book. I love reading the books on the iPad, it's great!
Little Earthquakes seemed like a great book, and one maybe I'll be able to relate to. It is about 3 different women who are recently married and just had a baby, or are pregnant. I thought it would be something I would like. Sometimes it's a little hard to follow, but I get the point, so that's all that matters. Once I get to know the characters more, I'm sure it will all come together.
Lets see, what else has happened this week..

Tuesday I went to Griffin to go to The Derby and got my hair done. It looks so great, Sabrina really does a good job on my hair :)
Then Wednesday I got up and ready and around 11 I left to go  to Huntsville to see my Daddy and Susan. Daddy is still not right, and seems worse in some ways. I remember a time last summer that we actually could "sort of" have a conversation, and you were able to understand him at least 75% of the time. Now it seems to be 25-30% of the time. He is very confused, and twitchy, and just does nervous things. He's always grabbing at things, he almost choked on his dinner, THAT was scary, b/c neither Susan nor I knew how to do the Heimlich maneuver..luckily, he has just gotten too much food in his mouth and couldn't swallow it, so he just spit it out.

It really was a sad sad trip. I just remember back to when he was "Daddy" and was so much fun. Now things are just so different. It's weird how fast things can change.
Yesterday was a good day except that the handsome husband didn't feel good at all. he moaned all day pretty much. He did take Harrison to Jump for Joeys so he could play, while Emma and I stayed home.
AND, that's about it fro the week, not really much more to say!

Here are some pictures of my sweet Emma, in no particular order, so it may go from a sonogram picture to a picture from yesterday, and there are over 200 pictures, so..just know that before you start! lol Of course you don't have to look at all of them! I could look at all of them all day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment